Wilhelm Law has a reputation for combining its deep industry knowledge with practical, business-oriented solutions to provide its clients with expert representation in sophisticated oil and gas transactions as well as commercial agreements related to the day-to-day operation of oil and gas companies. We advise Fortune 500 oil and gas companies, privately-owned oil and gas independents, and sophisticated landowners in acquisitions and divestitures of upstream and midstream assets and in equity transactions, and our oil and gas transactional attorneys frequently work closely with our title attorneys, outside environmental consultants, petroleum engineers, financial institutions, and landmen to coordinate and conduct all aspects of the due diligence process.
Experienced Oil and Gas Representation in Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Arkansas, and Illinois
Representing Operators, Land Owners and Businesses in the Permian Basin, East Texas (Haynesville Shale), Texas Panhandle, North Texas (Barnett Shale) South Texas (Eagle Ford), South Arkansas, North Arkansas (Fayetteville Shale), North Louisiana (Haynesville Shale), Southwest Louisiana, East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana (Tuscaloosa trend).
- Real estate title disputes and real estate condemnations
- Disputes over oil and gas operating agreements
- Breach of contract and partnership disputes
- Purchase agreement disputes
- Pipeline easement disputes
- Commodity contract disputes
- Construction contract disputes
- Regulatory hearings, including Railroad Commission, General Land Office, Texas Board of Real Estate Appraisers, Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, and the State Office of Administrative Hearings
- Sale of a company that operated oil and gas wells in Blackfeet Nation.
- Served as lead in-house counsel in the $1,000,000,000 merger of United Gas Pipeline Company into Koch Industries
- Managed Federal Regulatory Approval (FERC) of oil pipeline directional conversion.
- Served as lead title examiner for a Fortune 500 oil and gas company in south Texas ranch acquisition.
- Served as lead title examiner for a Fortune 500 oil and gas company’s natural gas play in east Texas.
- Successfully concluded litigation over surface damages in west Texas oil field for Fortune 500 oil and gas company.
- Successfully managed the release of court funds attributable to large landowners in west Texas.
WHY CHOOSE WILHELM LAW
Our senior attorney, Jack Wilhelm, has been practicing law for 42 years and is licensed in Texas, Louisiana, Illinois, and Arkansas. About half of Jack’s practice focuses on oil and gas operators, large landowners, and non-operating oil and gas working interest owners. Prior to establishing the Wilhelm Law Firm, Jack served as general counsel of Amoco (Oil) Pipeline Company, Associate General Counsel of United Gas Pipe Line Company, general counsel of Mobil’s West Texas upstream operations, and chief Texas state lobbyist for ExxonMobil Corporation.
Edward Wilhelm is licensed to practice law in Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico, and North Dakota and focuses his practice, among other things, on commercial litigation, oil, and gas law, and representing foreign businesses that invest in oil and gas activities. His oil and gas work focuses on the real estate side (oil and gas title examinations, acquisitions, and divestitures of oil and gas interests, due diligence, and commercial negotiations).